University spin-offs via public-private investment at the European Commission
Once again at the European Commission premises we are looking at the next-generation capacity of #universities to launch #spinoffs via #publicprivatepartnerships and #angelinvestment !
I had the great pleasure to moderate a panel during EBAN – European Business Angels Network‘s summit with leading actors in the European ecosystem:
ian sosso, Monte Carlo Capital
Laura Pontiggia, European Research Council (ERC)
Peter Cowley (he/him), Cambridge Angels
Paola Maria Fantini , EIT Manufacturing EIT HEI Initiative
T. Bartosz Kalinowski (PhD, DSc)– University of Lodz, RiEcoLab Project Coordinator
1) Universities are keen to engage in spinoffs and entrepreneurial ventures
2) Investors appreciate the availability of EU’s granting scheme for startups
3) European Commission is open to incentivise public-private partnerships to support spinoffs
4) Structural changes are required to make spinoff governance and IPR procedures simpler
5) EIT – European Institute of Innovation and Technology and European Research Council (ERC) are here to lead the entrepreneurial capacity building and pave the way for #DeepTech
…and then, it is up to the capable hands of the bright European innovators to lead this process ! The tools are here, the support is here and the resources are here. Only forward from now onwards !